- 4 Large capsicums, cut lengthwise, seeds removed
- 2 tbl spoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 Medium brown onion, diced
- 3 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 250 Grams of button mushrooms, chopped rough
- 1 tbs spoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup black beluga lentils, cooked according to pack
- 1 cup tri coloured quinoa, cooked according to pack
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Cook onion and garlic, stirring frequently, until onions begin to soften, 5 minutes; add mushrooms until they soften and water in pan cooks off, 8 minutes.
- Season mushroom mixture with cumin, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and cayenne, then stir in spinach, lentils, quinoa, cashews and raisins.
- In a baking dish, arrange capsicums cut side up.
- Divide lentil mixture evenly among capsicums, cover with foil, and bake, 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking until top crisps, 10 to 15 minutes.